5.12.2008

A lesson in Love



I come from a long line of “pick your self up by your boot straps” kinda gals. Strong Southern Woman that would have worked three jobs to keep food on the table…made matching Easter outfits for thier children. And always had an “extra pie" on hand just in case someone was to drop in.

Part of that legacy is my dear Aunt Roma. I was able to spend some time with her this week in Tx, and I am a better person for it!

My Great Aunt and her “Honey”, Uncle Bernie have been married for 60 plus years, and they treat one another like they are still dating. Whether it is a tender pat on the knee, or a “Darling, would you mind getting me some milk”? The tone is always the same; with love and pure adoration for one another.

What an inheritance I have been given. Love is a choice! And my Aunt and Uncle have chosen to “love one another through sickness and health, for better and worse, till death they do part. “.

3 comments:

MaryMary said...

She sounds like an amazing person!

Anonymous said...

She really is an Angel on earth.. I can back your comments, I have had the priviledge to sit in the presence of this family and there really is an abudance of wisdome & grace that is just ripe for the taken... She truely is a Southern Belle, and add a whole lot of WOMAN OF GOD to that Belle and she get an AMAZING woman...which is what she is..

Thanks for the posting Critty, it's a nice reminder for me to treat my fabulous family as she treats hers... NO MATTER how ill she is feeling.... she is still a positive and encouraging lady...

I LOVE THAT AUNT ROMA!

Anonymous said...

She really is an Angel on earth.. I can back your comments, I have had the priviledge to sit in the presence of this family and there really is an abudance of wisdom & grace that is just ripe for the taken... She truely is a Southern Belle, and add a whole lot of WOMAN OF GOD to that Belle and you get an AMAZING woman...which is what she is..

Thanks for the posting Critty, it's a nice reminder for ME to treat my fabulous family as she treats hers... NO MATTER how ill she is feeling.... she is still a positive and encouraging lady...

I LOVE THAT AUNT ROMA!