4.19.2010


Sometimes… more often than not. I feel like this old barn. I am standing. I’m in one piece. But, there are all of these gaps and holes where “stuff” gets in,and just when I nail one board back on …another one falls off.

Do you know what I mean?

God is coming to take us home soon, and this alone causes me to get out of bed and accept His grace in my life. It causes me make sure that my “blessings” know of Him, and live their little lives as beams shining bright. It causes me to want to have a marriage that is edifying and pure. (I am working on being that person). It causes me to want to be “different”. Different like Christ is different.

Love the unlovable

To be gracious when hurt

To stand by my commitments… when I don’t want to

To really pray for someone when I say “ I’ll pray for you”

All of these things begins with knowing Him. This takes time, lots of time. I am ashamed to admit I do not make it a priority at times. But my absence never changes the fact that He is real, near and He loves me. And with that kind of LOVE, I wake up each new morning proclaiming the words of Psalm 143, "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love for I put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul".

Waiting to be….Deeply Etched

No comments: